Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut or cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, let set for 5 mins) *this is called a flax egg!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour or coconut flower
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Additional Ingredients (if desired)
- all natural chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
- gluten free (or regular) rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the inside of an 8.5 x 4.5 or 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or place parchment paper on the inside to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a large bowl until properly mixed together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the same bowl: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt, mixing thoroughly to get rid of any clumps!
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and spread evenly with a butter knife. Bake for 50-65 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, so be sure to check with a toothpick if your loaf is cooked all the way through!
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack until completely cool before you can remove it from the pan, slice and enjoy!