Happy October everyone! I don’t know about you but I can hardly comprehend that we are already this close to the new year. I will say, however, that the fall one of my favorite seasons. Sure, I would much prefer to be lounging on a beach in the sunshine year round, but with the turn of the season comes Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years and sweaters and tea and all things pumpkin flavored! Which brings me to this delicious recipe I have for you all.
I am a huge fan of pumpkin bread. It is sweet and savory and perfect for those chilly fall mornings. I will also say that when combined with pumpkin butter from Trader Joe’s it might be one of the best things I’ve ever tasted—we’re talking party in your mouth type status. Best part about this pumpkin bread? Well, actually there is more than one “best part.” On top of being deliciously tasty, it is also vegan, gluten free, and dairy free. I have found that a lot of my followers have food sensitivities, so this is perfect and delicious whether you fall into that category or not!
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut or cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, let set for 5 mins) *this is called a flax egg!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour or coconut flower
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Additional Ingredients (if desired)
- all natural chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
- gluten free (or regular) rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the inside of an 8.5 x 4.5 or 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or place parchment paper on the inside to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a large bowl until properly mixed together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the same bowl: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt, mixing thoroughly to get rid of any clumps!
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and spread evenly with a butter knife. Bake for 50-65 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, so be sure to check with a toothpick if your loaf is cooked all the way through!
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack until completely cool before you can remove it from the pan, slice and enjoy!